***Prize Pack Update***
If you took part in the "30 Day Caveman Kettlebell Challenge" you not only have sore hands, a kettlebooty, and a new found appreciation for counting (1,2,3...300!), you have the chance to win a sweet prize pack valued at over $100 bucks!
The prizes include:
- $50 DemonBells gift certificate (on purchase over $50)
- 5lbs of dry aged fully grass-fed and grass-finished beef from Tendergrass Farms
- A pre-order of my upcoming cookbook "PaleoGrilling - A Modern Caveman's Guide to Cooking with Fire"
To find out how to enter, head on over to my FED Facebook page and check out the full contest post HERE
I will be accepting entries until Friday 4/4/14 at midnight (EST time) and you can even get multiple entries if you get creative (details on the contest FB post).
*** You Will Now be Returned to Your Regularly Scheduled Blog Post ***
I recently came across a guest coach post on BreakingMuscle.com titled "300 Swings a Day for Faster Fat Loss" by Pat Flynn of The Chronicles of Strength.
My first though upon reading was:
"300? Man, that's crazy"
My second thought:
"Maybe it's just crazy enough to work!"
My third thought:
"What have I gotten myself into?"
Needless to say, I would "like a simple way to cut fat." And, given that I'm fairly proficient at kettlebell swings and currently have one sitting in my living room, I really have no excuse.
I thought it might be nice to have some some company however, misery loves that doesn't it?
So, here's the deal...
30 Day Caveman Kettlebell Challenge Rules
- Complete 300 kettlebell swings each day (broken up into several sets, ie. 100 morning, 100 noon, 100 night or whatever you prefer.)
- Rx for men is a 45lb bell, Rx for women is a 30lb bell. (Keep in mind this is for someone who is already training with kettlebells regularly. If you are just getting into the swing of things (pun intended) start with a weight that you can hit for at least 100 solid, good form reps. This could be anything between 10lbs to 100lbs. Know thyself and don't hurt thyself.)
- Use the "Russian" technique of swinging to chest/shoulder height (read this article if you need an explanation as to why and check out the tutorial at the bottom of this post for an example of how to use good technique.)
- Take a "before" picture (just use your phone) and 30 days later take an "after picture." (See my pic below for an example. I touched it up a bit with the piclab app available on iphones and androids.)
- Along the way, tag my Instagram profile @tonyfed1 or hit me up on Twitter @tonyfedfitness to keep me updated.
- Use hashtag "#ckc" in any social media posts so we can all see what everyone is doing. Currently, it's all cute dog pictures (I have no idea why) so it will be pretty funny to blow up the hashtag feed with kettlebell beasts.
- When this is all said and done, I'll throw down some prizes for those who finish (which will include a pre-order copy of my upcoming book "Paleo Griling" as well as some as yet to be unveiled rewards.) This will be handled via my Facebook page.
- That should just about cover it, good luck and get swinging!